Wicked UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wicked UK

Wicked Uk

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wicked the movie...

Go down 
+14
Youvebeengalindafied
Stacie
Mr Menzel
Durgis-Flak
ElphieRocks
Emily
Bastila
missnessa
GlindaInTheMaking
Emma Jane
Lucy
IxLuvxIdina-*Danno*
stephy..
angelabarrett71
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
angelabarrett71
Munchkinlander
Munchkinlander
angelabarrett71

Female Number of posts : 341
Job : Student
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Wicked the movie... Empty
PostSubject: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2007 2:21 pm

there is a link of Idina talking about the movie, well if it ever becomes one that is

http://movies.about.com/od/moviesinproduction/a/enchanted030906.htm

i was going to put this in the other wicked film post but i couldnt find it sorry
Back to top Go down
stephy..
Ozian
Ozian
stephy..

Female Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2006-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2007 2:26 pm

haha she's so cool!!

thanks!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stepht89
IxLuvxIdina-*Danno*
Shiz Student
Shiz Student
IxLuvxIdina-*Danno*

Female Number of posts : 3311
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2007 2:57 pm

do you think they will like an original cast performance at the gershwin theatre where it originally opened in NYC with the obc and one at the apollo victoria here with the original west end cast ???
because to gain rent more publicity they came out with the movie but you cant really do that with wicked it would ruin the magic so they should do my idea instead!

x-x-x
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Galindafied Elphie Wicked Mod
Galindafied Elphie  Wicked Mod
Lucy

Female Number of posts : 2647
Job : pro nappy changer
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 5:30 am

"I figure when they make that movie, I’ll be 50 and green, and I can play the mother.” LOL.
Im sure I read this some time ago.

(There's a simmilar thread about possible actors HERE.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dianne-pilkington.net/
Emma Jane
Emerald City Citizen
Emerald City Citizen
Emma Jane

Female Number of posts : 6641
Job : BAPA STUDENT
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 7:22 am

tut i still havn't read son a a witch it tis sitting in my room
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ej_yay
GlindaInTheMaking
Winkie
Winkie
GlindaInTheMaking

Female Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 7:27 am

I would like Elphie-Idina Glinda-Helen Fiyero-Adam!
lol

xxx Glinda In The Making xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glama_princess
angelabarrett71
Munchkinlander
Munchkinlander
angelabarrett71

Female Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 9:39 am

that would be a very good cast!
Back to top Go down
missnessa
Ozian
Ozian
missnessa

Female Number of posts : 188
Job : Assistant
Registration date : 2007-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 2:27 pm

I agree :P That would be amazing!
Back to top Go down
Bastila
Ozian
Ozian
Bastila

Female Number of posts : 232
Job : Student/DeathDealer/Power Ranger/X-men
Registration date : 2006-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 2:48 pm

I want a film, so i can watch Idina and who ever plays Glinda when ever I want lol

And it will save me £60 as well lol.

They should do it soon, as like if they did it in 10 years time I think they would be like nearly 50.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Munchkinlander
Munchkinlander
Emily

Female Number of posts : 258
Job : Ask me again sometime... I'm unsure.
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 3:20 pm

I wish they'd just film the stage version, like they did with Cats. Everyone says, "But then no one would go see it!" when I suggest that, but really -- I think it would make me want to see it live even more if I had a DVD of it to watch. (Seeing Rent in cinemas is what finally, after years of listening to the soundtrack, spurred me into buying tickets to see it in New York. Different situation, as it was a proper film, but you know what I'm getting at here.) There's a huge difference between seeing it on film and seeing it live, even if it's basically the same -- the beauty of live theatre is that it's never exactly the same, that's why it's so much fun! And it would mean a whole lot more people would get to see it. Think about the distances people have to go in America to see shows -- I'm originally from Mississippi, and tours never came to us. We didn't even have the option of stage versus screen; a filmed version of the stage show would at least allow us to see it without having to drive 6 or 8 hours! (Or even more, in some cases, depending on what part of the country you're in.)
Back to top Go down
http://mediaevalstudy.livejournal.com
ElphieRocks
Shiz Student
Shiz Student

Female Number of posts : 3395
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 5:58 am

Quote :
Would she be upset if they went for a big name movie star for the film version of “Wicked?”

I would be!! lol!!!!

I definitely agree they should do film it on the stage! I hate what some people do to musicals and books when putting it on the big screen!

Thanks for the link!! Idina interviews are so cute! :spw:
Back to top Go down
Bastila
Ozian
Ozian
Bastila

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 9:41 am

I agree I don't want some hollywood hot shot playing Elphaba or Glinda, also they are making a mamma mia film soon, so who knows Wicked should be next lol.

I just hope I just want Idina to be in it, so i can watch it anytime I want.
Back to top Go down
ElphieRocks
Shiz Student
Shiz Student

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 10:57 am

I want Idina to be init too! :)
Back to top Go down
Durgis-Flak
Winkie
Winkie
Durgis-Flak

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 11:50 am

I believe they have already recorded a stage show in november of 04. But the footage can't be veiwed while the show is still on broadway for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Bastila
Ozian
Ozian
Bastila

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 12:05 pm

Durgis-Flak wrote:
I believe they have already recorded a stage show in november of 04. But the footage can't be veiwed while the show is still on broadway for some reason.

They reocrd every show, but still one day I hope they realse it!
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Galindafied Elphie Wicked Mod
Galindafied Elphie  Wicked Mod
Lucy

Female Number of posts : 2647
Job : pro nappy changer
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 12:07 pm

^^ I think you're right! There were some scenes from "One Short Day", "The Wizard And I" and "Popular" on TV, so there must be a record somewhere!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dianne-pilkington.net/
ElphieRocks
Shiz Student
Shiz Student

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 12:07 pm

Very true! I never really thought/caught on about that!
Back to top Go down
Durgis-Flak
Winkie
Winkie
Durgis-Flak

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Actaully, I think those press vids were shot specifically for those purposes. Theres a whole thing about this on the http://www.stephenschwartz.com forums.
Back to top Go down
Bastila
Ozian
Ozian
Bastila

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 1:17 pm

Ok, was thinking, and Hairspray is/has been made into a musical film, and that has been out for what 5 years now, so maybe a couple of more years time there will be a Wicked film!
Just thinking out loud really.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Munchkinlander
Munchkinlander
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 1:32 pm

Same for Mamma Mia! -- about the same amount of time as Hairspray, and they're finally getting a musical going. So by 2008/9-ish, we might finally have Wicked!
Back to top Go down
Mr Menzel
Winkie
Winkie
Mr Menzel

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 7:06 am

In fairness, Wicked has won so much praise, sold so many tickets, and made so much money, they'd be out of their mind's NOT to make a movie ... especially since it all came from a movie in TWOO. Looking at it purely as a business deal, it's good marketing to have a TWOO DVD and a Wicked Live DVD on sale!

and I just want one!!!
Back to top Go down
Bastila
Ozian
Ozian
Bastila

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 11:34 am

^
Your right and with it being before like a prequel to Wizard of Oz they dont need any A-list people to be in it, as being related to the Wizard of Oz film makes it advertis it self in a way.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Munchkinlander
Munchkinlander
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 1:52 pm

Agree with Bastila, very good point Mr Menzel -- but one problem. Who owns the rights to The Wizard of Oz? Universal has rights to Wicked, and I know TWOO was originally MGM, but I have no idea what's happened to that copyright since, since I have no idea where MGM stands in the great scheme of things anymore (stupid companies merging and dissolving and going bust...). There might be problems packaging the two together, if companies couldn't cooperate. *Sigh* Although it appears someone's cooperated enough to get those DVDs of TWOO out at the theatre, sooo... there's hope yet!
Back to top Go down
Mr Menzel
Winkie
Winkie
Mr Menzel

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 4:46 pm

ooh yeah i didn't think of that :( well, presumably if they let them sell TWOO as it is, it'll only sell more copies if it's with wicked, seeing how popular it is! i'm just making excuses as to why we should get one really!! haha!

i totally agree it should be a stage version though, i know wicked was gonna be a film until steven got in on it, but it's a stage show now, it needs to be immortalised that way!
Back to top Go down
Bastila
Ozian
Ozian
Bastila

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Does Wicked have to made under MGM just becuase the Wizard of Oz was?
Its kind of owned by Universal? Saw the logo on the CD.
So could they still make one as it is different to The Wizard of Oz really, as its not like a prequel and remember Disney made Return to Oz but MGM is in leagued with Disney.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wicked the movie...   Wicked the movie... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wicked the movie...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next