Wicked UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wicked UK

Wicked Uk

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Singing.....

Go down 
+2
ellen
IxLuvxIdina-*Danno*
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IxLuvxIdina-*Danno*
Shiz Student
Shiz Student
IxLuvxIdina-*Danno*

Female Number of posts : 3311
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Singing..... Empty
PostSubject: Singing.....   Singing..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:56 pm

ive wanted to sing since i was about 4 but ive been told that i have a good voice but it needs improvement but we dont have enough money for singing lessons so i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on singing that could help me??

x-x-x
Back to top Go down
ellen
Winkie
Winkie
ellen

Female Number of posts : 4
Job : caretaker for elderly/disabled
Registration date : 2006-12-17

Singing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing.....   Singing..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 8:39 am

Join a choir! Usually what you pay as a monthly contribution is less than what you'd have to pay for singing lessons and you learn A LOT! There are loads of choirs around that also sing pop tunes so it don't have to be boring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ellebel
Emmy
Popular
Popular
Emmy

Female Number of posts : 913
Job : Student Teacher
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Singing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing.....   Singing..... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Also a lot of choirs do do a lot musical numbers. I am actually goimg to try to be a singing teacher well soon as i get grade 8 (almost there) and two things that I feel are God sends in someways are music books that come with backing tracks as they help a lot with practining especially if you cant play piano all that good and they also do books that have lots of warm up activities and tecnique information all the how to beath with your diaphram not your chest if that makes sense. I heard somewhere also that you shouldnt eat dairy products before singing as it clogs the vocal cords up and found that I sang better if i hadnt had dairy than when i had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alittlebitperky
Emma Jane
Emerald City Citizen
Emerald City Citizen
Emma Jane

Female Number of posts : 6641
Job : BAPA STUDENT
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Singing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing.....   Singing..... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:38 pm

yeah you shouldn't hair dairy ... that includes chocolate :-( or fizzy drinks.. before singing i think it's advised to drink water.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ej_yay
IxLuvxIdina-*Danno*
Shiz Student
Shiz Student
IxLuvxIdina-*Danno*

Female Number of posts : 3311
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Singing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing.....   Singing..... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 12:43 pm

ok thankyou :)

x-x-x
Back to top Go down
Sarah Haunting
Winkie
Winkie
Sarah Haunting

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-10-29

Singing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing.....   Singing..... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 11:21 am

Join a theatre group!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sarahhauntingmusic
Justg0ttasing
Munchkinlander
Munchkinlander
Justg0ttasing

Female Number of posts : 425
Job : Student, Unprofessional Vocalist, Musician
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Singing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing.....   Singing..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Yes, no dairy products, no chocolate, have excersises to warm up on (I'll post a couple at the bottom of the page. They're simple,) Um... Breathing, having your stomach expand rather then your chest when you sing... what else, what else? No nasal singing. (I'm trying to remember everything my vocals teacher at Rock n' Roll Camp for Girls taught me, lol) Stand tall, straight back, shoulders back a bit, and head doewn a little (Improves breathing I believe). THat's all I can think of off the top of my head. If I can think of anymore I'll let you know.

Excerises:
Sing a scale, but instead of notes sing numbers:
1,1 2 1, 1 2 3 2 1, 1 2 3 4 3 2 1, 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1, 1 2 3 4 5 6 5 4 3 2 1, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 6 5 4 3 2 1, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
You slowly go up the scale. So you say 1, then 1 is the same note then you go up by one saying 2, then back down to 1. Eventually you'll get up to 8 which is a full scale (I belive) and you just keep moving up by one number each time, and one note.

I can't think of any others right now, but if I do, like I said, I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://eminentthropp.proboards104.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

Singing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing.....   Singing..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singing.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wicked UK :: Archive-
Jump to: